Ketac Molar by 3M ESPE is a glass ionomer restorative material used in restorative dentistry. They provide excellent results with little effort for many indications.
The excellent mechanical properties make it a suitable restorative material for posterior teeth. They can be used as bulk fill restoratives.
These glass ionomer restoratives exhibit excellent wear resistance, minimal abrasion and excellent surface hardness. They can be used for treating patients in all age groups.
Its quick and easy use, makes it suitable for paediatric restorative therapy. Ketac Molar demonstrated lower acid erosion than other glass ionomer products, resulting in a more durable and long lasting restoration.
- Packable, wear resistant glass ionomer solution
- Offers years of effective protection against caries
- Ideally suited for early fissure sealing
- Single surface fillings in posterior areas
- Bulk fill Glass Ionomer restorative
- High abrasion resistance
- Fluoride release
- Homogenous material quality
- Long term stability
- Minimal abrasion
- Excellent surface hardness
After preparing the cavity and applying pulp protection if indicated the cavity is conditioned using a suitable dentin conditioner such as the Ketac conditioner for 10 seconds. Do not over dry the cavity as it may lead to post-operative sensitivity.
- Posterior tooth single surface restorations
- Core build-up
- Fillings in deciduous teeth
- Lining for single and multiple surface composite fillings
- Stress bearing Class II restorations where the isthumus is less than half of the intercuspal distance and presence of at least one occlusal contact on enamel
- Cervical fillings in areas of less aesthetic significance
- Uniplanar and multiplanar temporary restorations
- Minimally Invasive Dentistry